Current:Home > MyCamila Cabello opens up about reconciling with ex-boyfriend Shawn Mendes: 'It was a fun moment' -Wealth Pursuit Network
Camila Cabello opens up about reconciling with ex-boyfriend Shawn Mendes: 'It was a fun moment'
Chainkeen View
Date:2025-04-06 19:25:55
When it comes to rekindling an old flame, "there's nothing holdin'" Camila Cabello back.
Cabello, who previously dated fellow popstar Shawn Mendes, opened up about getting back together with Mendes during an episode of the "Call Her Daddy" podcast released Wednesday.
The subject came up when "Call Her Daddy" host Alex Cooper asked Cabello for her opinion on reconciling with an ex-partner. "I think it's known I'm a fan. I've supported it in the past," said Cabello, alluding to her second-go with Mendes. "I personally think it's helpful."
The "Señorita" singers, who announced their breakup in November 2021, sparked rumors of a renewed romance when they were spotted hanging out at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California, last April.
"I'm kind of impulsive in that way," said Cabello when asked about her reunion with Mendes. "If I feel it, I say it, and I'm not really good at not doing that. Because then the worst place for it to live in is my mind, and then I'm like Ryan Gosling in 'The Notebook' building a house for this person. So, I would rather say it and see what happens, and then wake up the next day and find out that it's been heavily documented."
"I opted for that route," Cabello added. "It is what it is. It was a great route. It was a fun time. It was a fun moment."
As for why Cabello's do-over with Mendes didn't last, the "Bam Bam" songstress chalked up their second breakup to a lack of chemistry.
"You’re just kind of like, it’s not a fit. It doesn’t feel right," Cabello said. "Luckily, I was in a place in my life where it took me less time to realize that. It took us both less time to be like, 'This doesn’t feel right, and we don’t really need to try so hard to make it work. It’s all good.'"
However, Cabello told Cooper there’s no bad blood between the exes.
"I will always care about him and love him," Cabello said. "He’s such a good person, and I’m lucky ‘cause some people have exes that are awful, and he is not. He’s a really kind, good person."
Why did Camila Cabello, Shawn Mendes break up?
Cabello and Mendes played coy about their relationship status for months in 2019 before confirming their romance on Instagram that September with a sloppy make-out session that poked fun at their haters.
The pop singers collaborated on the 2019 single "Señorita," a Latin-infused pop banger that earned them a No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and a Grammy nomination for best pop duo/group performance. The then-couple also performed the multiplatinum hit at the 2019 MTV Video Music Awards.
In November 2021, Cabello and Mendes announced their breakup to fans after two years of dating.
"We've decided to end our romantic relationship, but our love for one another as humans is stronger than ever," the singers each posted on their Instagram Stories. "We started our relationship as best friends and will continue to be best friends. We so appreciate your support from the beginning and moving forward."
Camila Cabello, Shawn Mendes breakup:Singers break up after 2 years, vow to 'continue to be best friends'
'They really take care of me':Camila Cabello talks bonding with 'The Voice' coaches
Contributing: Charles Trepany, USA TODAY
veryGood! (27)
Related
- Global Warming Set the Stage for Los Angeles Fires
- How Egypt's military is dragging down its economy
- Gunfire at Chiefs’ Super Bowl celebration kills 1 and wounds nearly two-dozen, including children
- 3 police officers shot at active scene in D.C. when barricaded suspect opened fire
- Meet first time Grammy nominee Charley Crockett
- Horoscopes Today, February 14, 2024
- A guide to parental controls on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, more social platforms
- Jill Biden unveils Valentine's Day decorations at the White House lawn: 'Choose love'
- Sam Taylor
- Dark skies, bad weather could have led to fatal California helicopter crash that killed 6
Ranking
- A South Texas lawmaker’s 15
- Will Donald Trump go on trial next month in New York criminal case? Judge expected to rule Thursday
- Get a Keurig Mini on Sale for Just $59 and Stop Overpaying for Coffee From a Barista
- Judge denies requests to limit evidence ahead of armorer’s trial in fatal ‘Rust’ shooting
- Scoot flight from Singapore to Wuhan turns back after 'technical issue' detected
- 4 students shot at Atlanta high school campus parking lot; no arrests
- 'National treasure': FBI searching for stolen 200-year old George Washington painting
- A New Study Revealed Big Underestimates of Greenland Ice Loss—and the Power of New Technologies to Track the Changes
Recommendation
A South Texas lawmaker’s 15
Beachgoer killed as small plane with skydivers makes forced landing on Mexican beach
Here’s the latest on the investigation into the shooting at Joel Osteen’s megachurch
How Gigi Hadid and Bradley Cooper Spent Their First Valentine's Day Together
Romantasy reigns on spicy BookTok: Recommendations from the internet’s favorite genre
Oscars, take note: 'Poor Things' built its weird, unforgettable world from scratch
Exclusive: Craig Counsell mourns his mother as first spring training with Chicago Cubs begins
12 Epstein accusers sue the FBI for allegedly failing to protect them